Our Family Optical team are professionals who take great care in all aspects of the eye health services we offer. We appreciate how important your vision is to you as well as how your eyewear can be part of your personal style.
We offer personalized attention, helpful guidance and a wide range of eyewear styles. If you prefer contact lenses, you can now refill your prescription online through this website.
Our practice is supported by the best in diagnostic equipment:
- an auto refractor/keratometer measures your eye power and shape
- a non-contact tonometer screens for glaucoma by measuring your eye pressure
- Frequency Doubling Technology (FDT) assesses your visual field for defects (blind spots may indicate glaucoma, strokes or tumors)
- detailed visual field analysis is performed with our state-of-the-art Humphrey Visual Fields Analyzer, which is also used to test peripheral vision as may be required by the Motor Vehicle Branch
- retinal photography allows for detection of retinal diseases, especially age-related macular degeneration. Diabetic retinopathy monitoring is also facilitated by retinal photography.